Wednesday 3 May 2006

Over-dyed SBQ

My answer to the SBQ:
Do you or have you stitched with over-dyed threads? (Weeks Dye Works, The Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Six Strand Sweets, etc.) If so, what is your opinion concerning them? If not, why not?

I have tried them but didn't think they were worth the extra cost. Also they don't suit my method of stitching. I use one strand folded in half and use the loop start. I find this much quicker and neater. Also I have been told that you are better not to wash the stitching once completed and I prefer to be able to wash items.

If I found a project that really would benefit from them I would try again.

I do like looking at them though - some of the colour variations are very pretty.

OK, as I am typing this I am gradually convincing myself that I should give them another try.
A Favourite Quote:
"Never test the depth of the water with both feet."

No comments: